This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By using our services you agree to be bound by this Policy.
We obtain information about you when you use our website, telephone us, email us, write to us, interact with us via social media, or when you come into our offices to, for example, enquire or contact us about our products and services, or to make an order for products or services or to register a guarantee. We collect some or all of the following:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Information about the products/services we have provided to you
- Any feedback you have given to us
- Details of emails and other electronic communications we have sent to you/you have sent to us
- CCTV images if visiting our offices
- Photographic images relating to service calls and installations
5.5 We use your personal information to:
- make our products or services available to you
- process your orders
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- take payment from you or give you a refund
- help us to prevent fraud
- personalise your shopping experience, for example by understanding your location or how you use our websites to provide you with personalised offers or shopping ideas
- conduct market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies, to improve services
- for statistical analysis to help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, the way you consume them and how, and where, you shop so we can serve you better
- improve our products, services and websites
- notify you of changes to our Services
- provide for the safety and security of our colleagues and customers, for example via CCTV
- help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you or provide you with our products or services, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.We will not share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes. Third party service providers working on our behalf
We work with partners, suppliers, insurers and agencies for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to us, or to you on our behalf (for example, the use of a courier to deliver our products to you).
However, when we use third party service providers, we only share the personal information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- When you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a warranty)
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels)
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that the company holds at any time, and also to have that information amended if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, or request a correction please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01454 322888.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent – whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest – In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
Direct marketing – You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity – To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
We know that data security matters to all our customers. The measures we have in pace to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information are as follows:
- Limiting access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality
- Making use of encryption technologies as appropriate
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there
- Implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information
- Making use of system, data, transmission and access controls and technologies as appropriate
- Monitoring our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks
- Implementing robust data back-up processes and procedures.
5.9 How long will we keep your personal data?
Your personal data is stored in the UK.